5 Things I’m Loving Right Now

19 August 2013

1. Baked Barbeque Potato Chips from TJ’s- We’re not big chip eaters around here but these chips may actually change that fact. I limit myself and my family to about 5-6 chips per serving. Otherwise, the bag would be GONE in a hurry! I love the fact that these chips are healthier than most, without sacrificing taste. Win-win!

 

2. Nature’s Path Envirokidz Peanut Butter Panda Puff Cereal- My friend, Connie introduced me to these. These are not only tasty but they stay crunchy in my almond milk. Score! I like that because I am notorious for setting down my cereal and coming back a few minutes later. No more soggy cereal. Yay! And FYI, the Gorilla Munch is good, too!

 

3. Spaghetti Squash- Where have you been all my life?! Sure, I’ve heard about spaghetti squash but I’ve never tried to make it myself. It’s SO easy. I’ve enjoyed it about 4 times in the last week. Top it with a lean meat and marinara sauce and some torn basil. Oh my!! I’m a HUGE fan. I can’t wait to experiment with it in other recipes…Even the girls liked it. Morgan? Eh, not so much. 

 

4. Fit to Burst: Abundance, Mayhem, and the Joys of Motherhood- Another great read by author of Loving the Little Years, Rachel Jankovic. This little book packs a punch. I appreciate her gift for straightforward and easy to understand writing and the short chapters are perfect for any busy mom!

 

5. Eucharisteo- My friend, Kristen whom I met in bible study this summer made me this sign. We learned about this word in Ann Voskamp’s, One Thousand Gifts. The root word of eucharisteo is charis, meaning “grace.” In Luke 22, “Jesus took the bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks. He took the bread and knew it to be gift and gave thanks.” Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word for grace, charis. But it also holds its derivative, the Greek word chara, meaning “joy.” Therefore, Eucharisteo means grace, thanksgiving and joy. I have hung this sign between my kitchen and dining/living room (the place where we spend the most time together as a family). Lovin’ this great reminder!

Ok, is it any surprise that 3 out of the 5 things on my list are food items? Ha!

Disclaimer (and rant): I love to eat. I always have and I hope I always will. And I love to eat healthy (yet tasty) food because I truly, truly enjoy it. In the last few years, our culture has been consumed by food. In some cases because of real medical issues that arise but others are finding themselves bound by a set of rules, regulations and ever changing new discoveries... Can you say? “Exhausting!”

Listen, every mom wants to feed her family healthy food but making food an idol or being in bondage over food (healthy or otherwise), is simply not the way Jesus would want us to live. With Christ in us, we have to remember we are FREE and no food can make us unclean. Our sin does that. And nothing aside from Jesus alone (not even a juice cleanse) can save us. Amen?  

Ok, I’m done.

The End. Winking smile

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -